Saturday, December 24, 2011

A fan, A story

Most of you who are taking your time to read my blog (Thank you very much) are probably Star Wars fans. I know all of you have your own story of how you came to like Star Wars. This is my story- a story of how an ordinary person came to like what she can call one of the greatest sagas in history.

It all began on an ordinary day for an ordinary person. It all began five years ago, back when I was 7. It was a beautiful, sunny day that seemed magical to me. In some ways, it was. For it was that day that I first saw Star Wars. I didn't know it that morning, but now Star Wars had taught me to expect the unexpected (Or as Yoda says, "If routine you count on, disappointed your hopes will be.")

After a great round of sports- two hours of swimming, one hour of tennis, and another thirty minutes of freeze tag, I was more than ready to settle in for a good TV dinner. After a furious fight with my brother (as usual) over what to watch, I lost and he opened Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

The opening song already caught my attention before I knew it. I did not know what happened after that, for it was such a long time. All I knew was that I could never forget this day. I went to bed with my head spinning from what I just saw.

Of course, I had no idea what the story was about or anything. I only watched it then because it was just simply awesome. But the next day, I jumped out of bed and went directly for the Internet. I had to find out more. So I did.

There are times when other movies and books surface to become my favorites, but Star Wars has always stayed there. After learning about the Harry Potter (Yes, I loved Harry Potter and still like it, but I love Star Wars more), Pendragon, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and other series, I found out even though I can like them, it will come and go but Star Wars will always be with me. After watching ROTS for the first time, I was sort of depressed that the Will of the Force drove it all this way (I didn't know it at that time). Especially then, I had spent time off Star Wars, even though it was always with me.

Star Wars is not all about action and fun to me, even though I research and do stuff about Star Wars for fun. Before I knew Star Wars, I was just a little girl reading Geronimo Stilton and Dr. Seuss. But now, The Jedi Code and their morals provide a base for me to live. The Sith warns about the great evil there are in this world. Traveling in the Galaxy gave me new imaginations and ideas. The planets, moons, and stars also gave me a base of astronomy (I got a very good science grade for astronomy because of that. But then, when have I've gotten a bad grade when I have Star Wars around?). The books that I read gave me a better grip in reading and writing English. The love of reading and writing was enhanced when I knew Star Wars. It was with me also, but like an untrained Force-sensitive, you can't do much with it. I became who I am just because Star Wars shaped me. I honestly don't know who I will be without ever knowing Star Wars.

Over the years, I became more and more of a Star Wars fan. I contacted other Star Wars fans from all over the world, thanks to technology. I dedicated myself to learning everything there is about Star Wars. However, I am still not even close to learning all about it. After years of study, I finally know more or less all about the prequels (I still have to learn more about machines). Presently, I am thinking of moving on to the original trilogy.

I do not know when I will finish learning all about Star Wars, but all I know is that it will take effort and time. Well, as Yoda says, "A infinite mystery is the Force." In the future, I hope I will get a job around Star Wars, maybe even being a Star Wars author. I'm hoping for that and I'm not loosing hope. The Jedi taught me well. Or rather, Star Wars taught me well. So thank you to all those who made Star Wars such a great saga. That includes you guys.

May the Force be with you.

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome! :D
    I agree, Star Wars has shaped me as well and I don't know how I'd be if I hadn't gotten into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D I don't know who I'd be either. :)

    ReplyDelete