Saturday, January 21, 2012

George Lucas is retiring?!

I'm pretty sure all of you heard this before.

My first thought was, "Didn't he already retire?"
My second thought was, "Uhh... why did he do that then? If it's old age then..."

I read on and when I found out that he's not making another Star Wars film, I felt as if I was punched in the stomach. He says that people hate the prequels so much, and they just spread it over the internet. Seriously, people, watch what you say. You can have your own opinions, but at least state them nicely. I suppose you know the definition of that word- some people don't.

Personally, I love the prequels more than the original trilogy, and I just can't seem to find out what's wrong with it. Episode one sets the stage for everything, and it's awesome. Episode two develops the plot, and it's full of action and romance and everything. Episode three is the turning point and simply marvelous, boosted by the awesome book. What's wrong with them??? Actually, nothing. It's what's wrong with the people who crushed his spirit.

If I am George Lucas, I'd keep doing what I love to do and not let other people's spirits crush it down. People still watch it too, right? I know I will. Star Wars taught me a lot of things, basically saying them all would be like saying Star Wars taught me how to live. I learnt from the Jedi not to let other people's feelings interfere with your judgement and action. No. Not from the Jedi. From George Lucas. He created it all, did he not?

If by any chance you are reading this (highly unlikely), George Lucas, please consider your choice. I don't know what Star Wars would be without you. I know I'm just another person, another fan, but still. If not, I guess I have to accept that like the Jedi taught me... no, like you taught me. I wish you the best in your retired years, and May the Force be with you.

I somehow feel unworthy to say that to the God of the Galaxy, but well, I said it anyway. On the side note, my mom says that I almost worship him.

May the Force be with you all. But I don't know what the Force will be without him. It may grow dark, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment