Saturday, February 11, 2012

Crisis on Naboo Review

Ahhh.... another Star Wars episode is exactly what I need after a hard school week. I've got something to look forward too at least, and I got it. Maybe not as much as I hoped for, but I did get it. So off we go.

I'll waste no time in saying that Kenobi is awesome. There. I said it. Kenobi is awesome. The star of the arc shines brighter than ever before. Of course, he couldn't completely fool Count Dooku, and I wasn't surprised when he said there's something he couldn't trust about Hardeen. While Kenobi wasn't used as much as the previous episodes, he still is my hero.

Now, Anakin Skywalker. His skills in the dueling was awesome, and he is Anakin-ish as ever. Well, because he is Anakin, the Hero with No Fear. I think that he took it a little over when he found out everything, but then the council shouldn't have deceived him. I know, they were doing it for a good accuse but still... Jedi shouldn't have kept secrets from one another. The war changes everything.

Next stop, Ahsoka. While she didn't play much of a role, it was clear that she's learning from Anakin. She protects the people pretty well and she was polite. There's still a bit of personality she had as a youngling left in her. I'm glad of how she is right now and I have high hopes of who she would become.

I'm glad that she mentioned about Life Day in Naboo, because I was waiting for the holidays to play a bigger part in the whole saga. A lot of fans may not even know that the Festival of Life, Festival of Stars, and The New Year fete week exists. Sure, most of us knows about the Galactic Standard Calendar and all (I hope) but then there's not much detail in all. And Naboo joined the Republic in Life Day so many years ago? Well, that's new for me.

I found the fireworks beautiful and creative as well as some other stuff. I am impressed with the technology
the bounty hunters have to be disguised as a blue guard and everything. I loved Cad Bane's face as he was defeated and realized the truth. Hehe... I like the fact that he still has a fight left in him while Eval chickened out. The other Jedi played a good role in it all. Not much here... but I'd just like to point it out.

Remember in episode three when Obi-Wan said that "This time we'll do it together"? I don't really see the point of that now since they worked together on this episode. Now it is certain that Obi-Wan and Anakin met Dooku again after episode 2 and before episode 3. So... why? Why did they act as if this didn't exist? By the looks of it, I'm not the only one puzzling about this too. And the duel, apart from adding some action and another attempt to get Palpatine, was pointless. How did the Sith lords fit in all this? So many questions in my head... and this episode raised more than it answered.

This would fit better if it is not the conclusion of the saga. Sure, we can't fix the problem above, but now we are left with something like a cliffhanger. We don't know what happened to some of the bounty hunters and how the relationship with Obi-Wan and Anakin evolved. I felt like there was more to the story, and I'm regretting the fact that we have to live with this.

Overall, the episode was okay. It wasn't the best, and it didn't really match up with the whole saga really well. There was not much humor (though I enjoyed the part where "Palpatine" hits Anakin), but then I don't know how to put much of it in myself. The plot was pretty weak, and I did not like the fact that this was the conclusion of the saga. I would give it a 6.5/10. I hope that's not too low.

I can't wait for the final arc. What are your opinions? State them below! So until next time, May the Force be with you!

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed the episode as well but the lack of resolution between Obi-Wan and Anakin really bothered me. I think they should have at least shown them start mending their friendship. Oh well, hopefully they show this in some of the following episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know they're so close. i can understand obi wan wanted to protect ani. they'll forgive each other. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I believe they will since they seem fine in the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. And besides, forgiving your friends and family is much easier than other people. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks! It bothered me much too, and I have a feeling that Palpatine is somewhere here. And his face when Anakin dueled with Dooku was... evil.

      Delete
    4. Yes, it very much was. A lot like the duel in ROTS.
      :)

      Delete
    5. Yeah :) Like I mentioned, for a moment I was back there watching it :)

      Delete
  2. anakin assigned ahsoka to prtect padme'. how cute. i can see his anger of lying done by obi wan. sometimes there are things we can not say to protect the ones we love most. ani will forgive him. that i do know. they're brothers in the force. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, how cute :) <3 I wish it was another way... but it's not meant to be. They're closer than brothers :)

      Delete