Thursday, March 22, 2012

Obi-Wan Betrayed

I made this poem a time ago but I just thought to finish it now. I feel that since the realtionship between Anakin and Obi-Wan is so strong, I can only imagine how he felt when Anakin was Vader. Hope you like it!

The angry lava burst to the sky,
Then the heat came in, soaring and high.
But still my heart stayed cold,
For I was hit by what he said, he who is wise and old.

Yoda told me Anakin is gone,
But not the way that one should mourn.
It is a fate worse than death,
For even thinking about it took away my breath.

Anakin, how could you? 
Would this happen without the war we've been through?
I tried to reach him through the Force,
But all I saw was darkness from a source.

The ship is landing, and I have to face him,
Though I am not ready, my expression is grim.
I don't think I can kill my brother,
And I would much rather die facing the other.

He was twisted by the dark side, and now he is lost,
I have to get him back, no matter the cost.
Now I have to meet him and turn him back,
But is it possible to give him the light he now lacks?

I will keep faith in the light,
And find his way he might.
For the monster I might kill will not be Anakin,
Though he may be in his skin.

If he can't be turned, he is already dead,
And there may be time for tears to shed.
But he's the chosen one and he can't die,
He will bring balance, I though with a sigh.

I am a Jedi, after all,
And I will let go and stand up and tall
I may be blind to his flaws,
But now I won't be as I was.

After all the galaxy has gone through, there's one thing I know of course.
It will all go according to the will of the Force.

That's it for now... May the Force be with you!

7 comments:

  1. Awww nice poem! I think this scene was one of the roughest moments at the cinema in my teens. I actually cried with it, and I still do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I haven't reached my teens yet, but I expect to cry until I'm an adult. It pains my heart (really) to hear Obi-Wan yell you were my brother, Anakin. :'(

      Delete
  2. Wow. Very, very good! I love Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship and I feel you captured Obi-Wan and his feelings well in this poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I wanted to add more because the emotions are way beyond this, but I can't seem to put it in the right place. However, I felt I did it better than the last one portaying Leia when Alderaan blew up. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. so powerful with ur words. made me tear up a big. ani was a good person til that day. i will remember him as he was. so in love with padme'. awesome poem. do another sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I feel the same way about him :) I will do another later on :D Especailly when there's no episodes anymore till months later...

      Delete