Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Top Ten Movie Heroes and Heroines

I saw Jedi Filmaker and Shena's blog do this, so I thought I'd give it a try. I combined male and female together all in one post. I try to place them in order, but I really can't since I like them all equally. I wanted to add more beings like Plo Koon, Anakin Skywalker, Mulan, and others, but then I already reached ten so I just eliminated them.

My best hero of all times would have to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. I like everything about him. Matthew Stover's summary of him rings true hereA phenomenal pilot who doesn't like to fly. A devastating warrior, who'd rather not fight. A negotiator without a peer, who'd frankly rather sit alone in a cave. He is a Jedi Master. General in the Grand Army. Member of the Jedi Council. He is modest, centered, and always kind. He has become a hero. He is the ultimate Jedi. This is a characteristic of Obi-Wan that he is unaware of.


I don't need to explain more since you all know how awesome he is from his personality to his skills to everything.

To me, Ahsoka is a great hero. She's tough, brave, and yet compassionate. She has a good sense of humor, and is firm in her beliefs. Sometimes she's headstrong and reckless like her master, but that only makes me like her more. I really love how she was once the little togruta who stepped off that ship, and she became a Jedi of deadly beauty.

Siri Tachi is one of my favorite girl Jedi. She has a good sense of humor and a great personality. Her violet lightsaber is one that I'd like to have. Her lightsaber skills are extraordinary even from a young age, and so is her stealth skills, which was revealed when she was undercover as Zora. Her romance with Obi-Wan made me love her even more.

First queen, then senator, Amidala has proven herself as an extraordinary women. She wasn't a damsel in distress, but was able to shoot her way out of a situation. She calls for a diplomatic solution first, but when action speaks louder than words she doesn't hesitate to use aggressive negotiations. She was kind, and she believed in goodness until the end.

I loved the Harry Potter saga before I love Star Wars, so Hermione Granger was my favorite for a long time now. Though bossy at first, she was a loyal friend and incredibly intelligent. She was brave enough to be sorted into Gryffindor, and she was fiercely dedicated to bringing good to the world, for example with the S.P.E.W.

Bobby Pendragon from the Pendragon Series. One of my favorite sagas. He suffered many losses, but he kept going. He had an option to stop and rest, but he did not. He followed evil to destroy it, and his determination made me like him so much. Need I say more?

Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. She's brave and selfless. She kills only with a reason to, and she feels the consequence as well. Also, she's tenacious and definitely a "girl on fire". I love her abilities to shoot with an arrow too.

I also like Narnia, and especially Peter. He was a great swordsman- in Narnia anyway. He was brave and fought for the Narnians even though he wasn't one of them until he was a high king. He looked after the others well too.

I extremely love Legolas from Lord of the Rings. He's fighting for good. His bow and arrow skills are excellent, and he can kick butt. He can live, like, forever, and, oh, just look at him. The picture seems to say it all. He's like Obi-Wan to me.

The last one I don't have a picture of, since it's too small. Anyway, she's got green eyes, red hair, and fair skin. She goes by the name of Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy (Wow, long weird name), or better known as Scout for her abilities to quickly analyze a situation. She was very tenacious,  and she never gave up even when all hope seems lost. She was born on Vorzyd V in slums, so her parents begged a passing Jedi to take her to the temple to escape poverty. She was weak in the Force, so many people doubted she will become a Jedi, and thought she would go to the Jedi Service Corps. However, much to everyone's surprise, she was picked by a Chankar Kim to be an apprentice, but she died in the Battle of Geonosis, leaving her masterless. After pushing herself hard, she miraculously won the Jedi Apprentice Tournament and got a new master, Jai Maruk. But he died as well. She returned to the temple afterwards, but no one knows what happened to her until she escaped order 66 and stayed on Mandalore, though not completely giving up the ways of the Jedi.

Here's a quote from Yoda to her from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (That book is awesome, I recommend it):
"Too few Jedi have I already. But even had I a crop of thousands, small one, I would not let you go without a fight. Spirit and determination you have. Between the stars, so much darkness there is. Why would I throw away one who burns so bright?"

Pax Chizzick to her:
"Tallisibeth, being a Jedi is about being resourceful, keeping your eyes open, and never, ever giving up. You taught me a lot about being a Jedi today."


That's it for now... May the Force be with you!

15 comments:

  1. Cool list! :D I agree with most of your chosen heroes, though I kind of hate Legolas as portrayed in the films (don't know why... I didn't like him when I read the books, either)
    I love how Stover defines Obi-Wan, it's all so true :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you hate Legolas? :( Oh well... hehe
      Thanks, and I memorized it and some other memorable quotes from ROTS too :D

      Delete
    2. Mainly because of the actor =)and, talking about the books, I found other characters to be more interesting than him(like my beloved √Čomer...^^)
      Oh, good, here we have another one memorizing quotes from SW :D (It's cool, because I end up using that quotes when I speak with people... I love the look on the faces when they realize what I've said)

      Delete
    3. Ah, I like when Eomer came riding down the mountain... so dramatic :D
      Me too :D A girl named Annie playfully slaps me everytime I used a Star Wars quote.

      Delete
  2. Great list! Obi-Wan and Legolas are awesome!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I love all your choices! :D :D
    Yay! Obi-Wan rules! :D :D
    I agree, Legolas is definitely a very awesome character and is one of my favorite LOTR characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Obi-Wan is the best! :D Yeah, Legolas is very, very awesome...

      Delete
  4. awesome. i like most of the people on ur list. love padme'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great List! I love Obi-wan and Siri!! All your choices are Awesome! I've never read the harry Potter or Pendragon books but your descriptions of the charecters are awesome!

    <3 Voronda
    P.S oh yah.. Legolas is MINE! Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Siri-Wan too! :D I recommend the series! They're awesome!

      P.S.- NOOOOOOOO!!!! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hehe, I recognize a lot of my heroes in your list, good choices! ^^

    ReplyDelete