Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tweaks done!

This is just a quick update of what's up. So... first things first.

My Blog
As you've seen, I have been tweaking this blog lately to make it still centered on Star Wars, but also to get other stuff down.
The header is a new one, and I must say a beautiful one too. I turned the light up so the text stands out a bit. For those who can read aurebesh, you'd know that this is the Jedi Code, even though the letters are a bit messed up. This one is drawn by my friend Mimi, not found on the internet or anything. Please protect her rights and do not claim it as your own and erase the name there. I am reluctant to even allow saving.
On the left sideline will be everything about me and my blog. The only exception is the WATW and Shena's blog button lies because they are too big to fit in the right, but it's perfectly okay. The pictures are, of course, not mines but reflect my interests. I also made a new blog button. The old one still works though, since I didn't change my site URL.
On the right sideline will be advertising other pages and adding some of my favorite quotes. I also added my Ahsoka page on facebook there. As the note at the bottom says, just let me know if you want your blog button displayed here.
In the bottom I added a good bye note, nothing special.

Special Thanks
I'd like to give credits out to the right people... so let's see. My followers list grow a lot lately, more than I ever thought, which is pretty magical. That's why I decided to make the changes in the first place. James, Aayla Rain, and other followers are awesome. Thanks guys!
To Shena, who is a loyal Star Wars fan and my first follower. She comments on almost every posts, so thank you!
To Robyn, who gave me some very awesome advice and critiques on graphic design and other stuff.
To Mimi, who is a great friend, and she also drew and colored the awesome cover.
To Chris, who's blog gave me inspiration to start this one.
To Savanna, who's photography and Star Wars posts inspired me as well.
To George Lucas, who made me who I am with Star Wars, and of course, made this blog exist.
Last but not least, to my supporters. You all have no idea how much you mean to me. :)

Recent Personal Life
Let's see... I can't wait for the summer vacation! I'm dying to go to the beach, even if it's only for a day or two. I've been busy trying to wrap everything up and get ready for grade eight. Tomorrow I'm going to have to do public speaking at school, and I admit I'm a little nervous. I'm pretty ambitious, since next year I plan to join badminton team, swimming team, and a club. Not only that, but I want to be school president too. I'm doing my speech tomorrow too. On top of all of that, I want straight A's next year, which wouldn't be so hard since I already have achieved this many times.
I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a new novel I hope to publish. I want to set the world record if I can. Anyway, it's written in a girl's journal. A summary of the book: Everyone talks about destiny. What they want to be in life. I already know what I will be- a proud bellator who will uphold her land's honor. Suddenly one day I got a reason to doubt what my land actually means... and my faith suddenly shook to the core by love. My name is Sirita. This is my story. So... what do you think? :D
I got Book of the Sith yesterday, and I freaked out even though I'm not a great fan of the Sith. I've been saving money for awhile to buy that book. I also got 501st. After Karen Traviss's Republic and Imperial commando series, I'll be done reading every Star Wars book in the prequel era.

Kony 2012
I know you have heard of this before, but I feel it's something worth mentioning. It's pretty bad when you know you're having a comfortable life, kids out there live in fear and get kidnapped to kill. So please- do everything you can to help this cause.

That's it- hope I didn't bore you out. May the Force be with you!

6 comments:

  1. I love the new look Solace, it's really cool looking! :D. Your friend did a really good job on the drawing at the top :). You're welcome :). Good luck on your book idea, hope you can get it published soon :)
    May the Force be with you
    Shena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good look! I like how it feels new but not drastically different!!! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog tweaks look good! I'm always glad to help out and give you advice. :D

    ReplyDelete