Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dawn and Dusk of the Dark

*** Last Chapter! :D Wow... hard to believe. I did this since the start of this blog. Thanks to all my loyal readers. I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please give me a good review!

Chapter 21

I remembered thinking that a place with no rats was paradise, as I lay down on the cell floor in the beginning of my adventure. That’s exactly how I feel now. Weightless and free. Free? Did I just say “free”?! I was never free.  Maybe I’m dead.

No, I’m not. I opened my eyes, and I was in a bacta tank. Kalifa and Barriss-I don’t know their real names- were outside, smiling at me and somehow communicating with me, saying that my mom would have been proud. I can just see my mom’s smiles.

***

When I got out of the tank, Kalifa took me outside of the Rebel base. She said this was a planet abandoned after the empire crushed it. She isn’t going to tell me the name, so what happened with Eroda won’t happen to me. That is perfectly okay for me too.

The place was empty and desolate. Once in a blue moon the wind creaked by.  The plants that were there lost the will to live a just gave up- sitting there forever until it dies. My only hope was that it was quick and painless.

This is living proof of what the empire had done. Living for now, anyway. Not for long. Because of the empire. The injustice of it all staggered me. So that’s what we’re gonna fight for. Fight so that we can live as who we are on our free homes without being punished.

***

For the Rebel assembly, Kalifa took us there and introduced me, then told us a bit more about her. I remember her words very well. She said, “The republic was the only civilization as I knew it, and during the clone wars I did everything I can to save that. Like a wise Jedi once said, ‘For the Republic, I would give anything and everything, including my life.’ I believe that with all my heart. But now it has fallen, and I would do all I can to rise it up.”

She also did a genetic scan, and I found out my uncle was Ferus Olin, who created the Eleven. That would explain the Force sensitivity.

“Your father was a legendary hero,” she said, taking down fingers and crossing it over her chest like everybody else is doing. “Even now, his symbol still stands for hope. For peace and justice.”

So I know who I am now. I created who I am from the parts I found. And, I got my sense of humor back.

Then we pulled the flag up. It caught the rare wind and blew in the air. Long live the Alliance.

***

When I was finally out of there, Eroda, Ward, and I had a group hug. Maybe it’s not yet happy ever after yet, but it’s a light in the journey. I remember stating that I never knew my beginning. But now I know. This is it. The start of a new life for me, yet a continued one. Hopefully with no déjà vu again.

We finally had a proper introduction with “Kalifa” and “Barriss”, who introduced themselves as Ahsoka and Scout. Scout went on with her journey, but I’ll be staying with Ahsoka and training to be a Jedi under her.

But one thing. Their real names don’t matter. They will always be Kalifa and Barriss to me.

***

Fate led me on a journey and it stabbed my back. Literally. Now I will control fate. There’s an old saying, he who seek to control fate shall never find peace. Maybe I won’t- but I won’t anyway if I don’t bring down the empire.

Besides, I’m a she. Not a he.

I climbed a path on a mountain, and saw another path. The path leads to more mountains. I’m stopping now to enjoy the view and reflect what I did. For sometimes the point is not the goal, but the journey, because it is the journey that gives people hope to carry on, and that’s what I’m trying to do.

I know that the sun will rise, and nothing can stop that. Not even night. I was born in the dawn of the dark. I will help ignite the stars to bring about the dusk. Hopefully, I will be there to see it. Then that’s what my life will be like, right? The Dawn and Dusk of the Dark. So that’s why I’m recording this. Maybe someone will hear it and learn from it.

That is my past, my old story. I’m not looking back anymore than I have to. I am ready. May the Force be with us.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! :D I LOVED this chapter! I really like how you ended your story; everything tied together nicely and I loved how Kaayla was related to Ferus Olin and is now training to be a Jedi :). I also liked that you included Scout in the story(she's so cool) and revealed that Kalifa, was indeed, Ahsoka(I was right, yay!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yep, you were right :D I had doubts of putting in Ahsoka, because I wanted it to be as cannon as possible, but then I just decided to put her in. I've been seeing this moment since I started writing :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :) Putting Ahsoka works since, as of now, her fate is unknown. And I'm glad you did :)

      Delete
    3. Hmm... I'm afraid exactly of that. If the fate comes out as she's dead, then my story won't be fitted as cannon. But I can change to Ashla ;)

      Delete
  2. Sorry that this is so random, but do you know why none of the stores are carrying Star Wars on DVD. I don't have a Blu-Ray player, but I still want to own SW.

    BTW, I think I'm going to see LOTR for the first time soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKay, I'll reply on your blog. No prob.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done Solace his hair is soft did you know that?? I just love coming over here to see MY Legolas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Softer than soft, yes :) I'm glad you love coming here but *cough*not yours*cough*

      Delete
  4. Yes, He can shoot like a boss. And then again so can I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't steal what I already have!! And I'm like an asistant boss to him in shooting!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have him and you will NEVER have him >;) (Unless, of course, you can get past me and go to middle earth and somehow get him to like you) :P

      Delete