Sunday, June 17, 2012

World War Three- The Epic Battle for Legolas Greenleaf (And an update on me and my book)

And so it begins.

For everyone other than Voronda, if you visited my blog lately you might see some Legolas pictures on my right sidebar, and comments by Voronda on my last post. You might be wondering lately... what are they doing?

So what are we doing? We're somehow battling to death online for that one elf. My hero. Well, you could say our hero.

Basically we're just putting up pictures (I have no idea why it's pictures) until the end of time to show how much we love Legolas. I doubt it'll end soon. So if you see a picture on the sidebar, then now you'll know why. I have removed the old pictures so one Legolas picture can rule them all. And so my sidebar won't be crammed up too. Since Voronda removed one of hers then I guess it's okay...

So I created this post just to inform y'all- and a place where Voronda and me can chat/comment all day on who loves Legolas more without saying it on another post that has nothing to do with this topic. But don't get us wrong- I'm sure that we both are not idiotic enough to not know that, as much as I hate to admit it, Legolas is fictional and we can't go to Middle Earth and get him to like us. Besides, there are millions of girls screaming for him (who can blame that?) and no doubt even more when The Hobbit comes out. So instead, this is more of a friendly war where we exchange pictures and just pretend that  we could get him.

Maybe we can get Orlando Bloom (Legolas's actor), but that would be a miracle. He's the closest we'll ever get to Legolas- but Orlando Bloom won't have Legolas's spirit, loyalty, determination, chivalry, and all the other things that made us love him so much.

Okay, now I'm just ranting on about how much I love him. So let's get back.

So the next thing I have to attend to- an update on me. Well, it's summer vacation here and I'm pretty jobless. There's one thing saving me from utter boredom: my book. I need to do it and publish it. I'm hoping to break the world's record of being the youngest novel writer (not novelist, because novelist includes novellas and I'm already too old for that). However, by the looks of it, I don't think I can because I have only a few months left and I'm still on my first draft.

Any advice, suggestions, and critiques will be welcome. I need everything I can to get this novel published. Maybe I won't break the world's record for being the world's youngest novel writer, but I will break the world's record of being the world's youngest novel writer that has English as a second language.

So- I'm just saying, I won't be posting a lot now- since there's not much update on Star Wars, Season Five is yet to be out, and I finished my fan fiction.

Back to Legolas. So for Voronda... hi. I look forward to seeing your pictures and rambling on about him. I suggest you create a post like this... just so that I won't need to comment on your archery picture post. But it's your choice. Let's battle on!

[during the Battle of Helm's Deep, Gimli has killed an Uruk-Hai warrior]
Gimli: Legolas! Two already!
Legolas: I'm on seventeen!
Gimli: Huh? I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
[kills another one]
Legolas: [shoots two more arrows] Nineteen!

I'M GONNA BE LEGOLAS HERE! <3

One does not simply say this, so this one is a genuine wish. May the Force be with you.

26 comments:

  1. Legolas -I just can say "they're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!!" (Sorry about that, I watched The Two Towers again last week and I'm yelling things like that all day long xD)You already know, he's not one of my favourite characters but I'll enjoy your battle with Voronda :D
    And oh, you've already started your summer vacation! I still have two weeks left in college, with exams and stuff... =( By the way, I didn't know English was your second language, you speak it so well! So good luck with your novel, I know how hard it is to write a story in a language which is not your mother tongue ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :D I can't imagine why Legolas isn't that awesome to you, but yay! :)
      I started my summer vacation last week, but I'm in middle school, not college :P Awww, I'm touched. English is as good as a mother tounge to me now, I guess, since I travel around the world and I kind of prefer English over my other languages I know now.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I also prefer English over other languages I speak, like French or Italian :D It has opened me so many doors... and well, I find it funny when people can't believe I'm actually Spanish because of the strong British accent I got while studying there :D

      Delete
    3. Oh wow you speak a LOT of languages! :D That's already four! I can speak three- Thai, English, and French (but not fluent.) Maybe I can add Hausa (an African language I learned when I lived there) but I can hardly speak that. People here can't beleive I'm actually Thai because I speak English well and I look American-ish to them :P I used to have British accent because I spent my early years in British school at the Netherlands, but... yeah. All gone. :)

      Delete
    4. Actually my French and Italian are not very fluent, because it's been years since I last spoke them, though I can still manage to read and comprehend them and get by. Now I'm learning (or at least, trying to learn) German and Finnish, but on my own, just for the sake of learning them :D I love learning new languages!
      You're going to laugh, but there're lots of people who confuse me for an English tourist and try to be nice and speak in English to me. That's mostly in summer, when my skin is so sunburnt that I'm red as a lobster, and I look totally like someone from somewhere further North than Spain. And, well, sometimes I go and answer in English :D

      Delete
    5. Wow. YOu can still be a translator :O
      And nah, I'm not going to laugh because it happens to me all the time here :D

      Delete
  2. I created a post if ya wanna check it out.:)How what if I have a secret way into Middle Earth??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm checking, I'm checking!!!
      And aww, unless you can prove it, Awww, I'm not gonna believe you :P Tolkien didn't mention anything by the name of Voronda, did he? >:)

      Delete
    2. There was quite abit of peole that Tolkien didn't mention. And I kinda appear before the War Of The Ring. :)

      Delete
    3. But he created LOTR, so... yeah. Ask him and let him gimme proof, then I'll believe you. Or take a photo of you and Legolas together :)

      Delete
  3. There's no cameras in Middle Earth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then bring one there! :) If you can bring yourself, you clothes, and your mind, then you can bring a camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But my clothes, mind and body are all one thing! But maybe I'll get one of the elves to draw a portrait....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. No, someone is going to draw it for you! Stick your camera into your clothes and then go take a picture with him. Then I MIGHT beleive you :D

      Delete
  6. He is quite perfect! Perfect for me!! mwahahha!!! >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more perfect for meeee >:) We'll make a great couple :D

      Delete
  7. I know the elves didn't paint that becaus it wasn't made with paint but with pencil or charcoal. >:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And... the elves didn't paint that either because it was not made with materials from middle earth :P

      Delete
  8. Legolas is awesome. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we can all agree with that!
      PS~ Sorry for replying to this comment so late, I don't get emails of comments on my blog anymore :( I didn't see it.

      Delete
  9. And gals, just so you know, Legolas is mine. Period. <3 I'm writing some fan-fic right now about a human in Rivendell falling in love with him. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Voronda and I both won't agree with that >:P Two against o-one... :P
      Cool, I'm gonna see it :) But that human is ME. Period <3

      Delete
    2. *cough* Actually, she's halfelven. I kinda changed it so she could marry Legolas in the end. :D And I've started another one (not posted anywhere yet) about a human from our world who gets into Middle Earth, Legolas and she fall in love with each other, and then she goes back to our world emotionally wrecked, and that's why Legolas went to the Undying Lands, so he wouldn't fade with grief. :)

      Delete
    3. Okay... :P The halfelven one would be me, and the human would be... anyone else :P Or fake. I go for the latter.
      Where can I read it? ;)

      Delete
  10. The human's similar to me. :)
    Okay, here's the link to the category on my blog that holds what I've written so far: http://gracetfirefly.wordpress.com/category/lord-of-the-rings-fanfic/
    Be sure to comment! I love notification emails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY, read the first part, loved it! :) I'll comment when I'm done!

      Delete