Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Hobbit third movie confirmed!!!

Hey guys! Good news to LOTR fans! I'm sure all of you ringers out there have heard the Hobbit movie. Peter Jackson, director, has recently confirmed a third Lord of the Rings: The Hobbit movie! That raises so many questions...

The first part, An unexpected journey, is released in December 14, 2012. The second, There and back again, is released in December 13, 2013. Now the third movie... we don't know yet. That's just one more question to add to the pile.

Peter Jackson is willing to finish what JRR Tolkien has started. If only he had lived to see this.

As a fan, I'm really excited about the Hobbit becoming a trilogy. I'm so glad Lord of the Rings becomes six movies like Star Wars! The Hobbit has too much to fit in a movie, and at first I thought it would fit in two. I find it a bit odd that the Hobbit expanded in the same number of movies as the LOTR trilogy, since the Hobbit is only around 300 pages while LOTR has around 1100 pages and three books. I hope Peter Jackson is keeping the original story the way it is and not inventing too much. But other than that, I'm really glad there's going to be another one to keep LOTR alive.

And it also means more Legolas! *cough*Voronda*cough*

“We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.So, without further ado and on behalf of New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wingnut Films, and the entire cast and crew of “The Hobbit” films, I’d like to announce that two films will become three.”- Peter Jackson (On Facebook)

What do you think about a third movie?

12 comments:

  1. I came to know about this because Ian McKellen (our beloved Gandalf) wrote it on Twitter :D I'm glad to know The Hobbit will become a trilogy, but it's only 300 pages...so 100 pages per movie... I read (also on Twitter) they were going to tell some things from the appendices and so that would explain it :) But well, I won't worry about it as long as Peter Jackson is the director! He made such a good work with LOTR that I'm totally sure this will work. Although it means more waiting :(
    I'm thinking about the marathon of films I'll do when the third movie is released... it will be epic!! (it would be an 8 movie marathon actually, not just the two trilogies, because I'll add The Hunt of Gollum and Born of Hope to it :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I never really opened Twitter but I heard something like that one the news :) I guess I won't worry too, but everyone thought the same thing about George Lucas until the prequels came out... even though I really love the prequels :P I'll be doing a marathon too! :D Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I heard about this around the time of the comic-con and it sounds AWESOME! :D Can't wait for more Middle Earth!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. That is SO AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see these films in theaters! Wahoo!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! *Fangirl squeal* hehehehe
    *cough*All-MINE!*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG is right! But *cough*ALL-MINE-NOT-YOURS!!!*cough*

      Delete
  5. P.S Can't really see his eyes in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be a gif moving picture!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, yess!! That means it wil last longer. One thing I like about SW is that it's six movies, so it's not over so soon. But LOTR is only 3 and then with the Hobbit, it was going to be 4, but now it's six, just like Star Wars!!

    ReplyDelete