Monday, October 8, 2012

A War on Two Fronts Review


"Fear is a malleable weapon."

I have mixed feelings about this. Actually, I have mixed feelings about everything in my life right now, so doing this would get it sorted out a bit. There would be possible spoilers in this review.

This episode will be the start-up of the arc, which means that it will build a lot up. This is pretty good to know. This is an interesting episode, overall. There were great characters in there. Now... getting deep.

The animation was good, but not great. The Jedi cloaks struck me as... solid and stiff. I like it when Ahsoka puts her hood on though. At the beginning, the jump around seemed smooth and nice, and the dark color seemed to give me an air of anticipation. Later on it was day, and that was just okay. The flames were nicely done.

The plot was slow, but of course this is a build up. It did not satisfy me, but it left me wanting more, which it is meant to do. I can still here the "that's it?" in my head. I hate cliffhangers.

I'm not so sure about the whole Luxoka relationship thing here. After meeting Lux in "Heroes on both sides" I thought he was a pretty nice character, but not a hero. Then there was the "A friend in need" episode where he became tougher, but misguided. I thought that when he left Ahsoka to find his own destiny, it was meant to be. They may have love for each other, but I don't know if it's supposed to be that way. Ahsoka needs to be a good Jedi, but she doesn't seem like one around him. More like her master. Anakin may know, but I'm sure he'll keep quiet about it, because he knows how it feels like with Padme. 

Now here. Ahsoka clearly shows that she loves him. I think Steela and Ahsoka would soon have a fight with each other... over boys. That would be the last thing I could expect. Strong fighters squabbling over a boy? C'mon. This episode focuses on their love triangle... or rather Lux leaving Ahsoka behind and leaving her out of the loop of his and Steela's "love". So, summed up, I think Ahsoka should understand that Lux and her are never meant to be, even though they are pretty cute together. 

Other things I like is Rex's armor, the battle tactics, and revisiting the Jedi high council. It gave me some kind of serenity. Oh, and the stupid droids were really hilarious. Obi-Wan, as his usual self, was awesome, and so is Anakin.

I can't wait to see the turn out of this arc. Until then, may the Force be with you!


8 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm totally with you on the love triangle. It's... peculiar.

    I thought the Jedi robes (in the ending, especially) were animated quite well! Uh, maybe not quite as well as Hondo's coat back in episode 1 (it looked like real cloth).
    Okay, I've linked yours in my review. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      At the beginning, it was stiff. At the end it was okay though. It was just the cover. Anyway, it's minor :)
      Oh really? Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! :) I definitely agree with pretty much everything you said- the whole love triangle thing was kind of weird(and I agree, Ahsoka doesn't act like a Jedi around Lux).
    And Obi-Wan was definitely awesome in the little bit he was shown. I hope we get to see more of him in this arc :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cool! Can't wait to see this episode. I haven't gotten round to watching it yet (I watch it online.) But I'm not exactly certain about this Lux Ashoka thing. O_O Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it online too :) I don't have TV. Yeah, it's interesting :)

      Delete
  4. Great review. I agree this was just the build-up to the story arc, although the best story arcs are great from beginning to end like the "Kell" arc.

    -James

    ReplyDelete