Thursday, October 11, 2012

What if...

There's so many what ifs in Star Wars. The Jedi don't go back and dwell on what ifs, they accept the mistake and move on. But sometimes it helps you in the future to look back and reflect. Jedi do that sometimes.

So... let's see.

What if Anakin never gotten the dream?
Most would say that the Jedi would never have been purged, the Republic wouldn't fall, the empire would never have risen, and there would be no Vader.
People would say it would be a happy ending, with Anakin probably leaving the Order, wit hLuke and Leia happy with Padme, and Obi-Wan as an uncle but still a Jedi.

But...

Then why did George Lucas make the story like that? You can't just say that it is for the story to be interesting, or because the original trilogy came first.

It's because it's meant to be, for me. It is because it is the will of the Force.

It is the Force that gave him that dream in the first place. He saw the vision of the future through the Force.

So back to that question. What if Anakin never got the dream?

There's many possibilities. The dream is a crucial point in the whole story.  He might never have turned to the dark side. But I believe that the republic is destined to fall so it can rise again stronger and more powerful than ever.

That kind of sounds like Separatist thinking, but as we know, the separatists aren't really evil, are they? They're just unknowing pawns of evil. The republic is really corrupt. In the end Obi-Wan really thought that the republic wasn't worth fighting for in the first place. Man, the Clone Wars is not black and white... most of it is gray.

I believe Sidious would find another way to ensnare Anakin, and history would turn out completely differently for the Star Wars galaxy. By the time Sidious figured that out the children would probably have been born... I couldn't see where that can lead.

There are many other points that can stop the Star Wars history. For one, if the house of Palpatine really loved their son... he would never have turned to Sidious.

This is just something that popped into my mind often and I think about it. I think too much. I understand now why the Jedi said not to dwell on what-ifs and feel instead of thinking. I get headaches when I do. =)

So... Until next time,

May the Force be with you!


6 comments:

  1. Very interesting...I have thought of a whole bunch of what-ifs, and I will post them soon and ask everyone's imput. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and valid points! I often think about what-ifs in my fandoms. But they turned out awesome all the same in the end. Anakin still brought peace to the force. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting points :) I too have thought about these things before; discussing what could have happened if things went differently is something I love to explore :)

    ReplyDelete