Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Test of Strength Review & Guest Post Announcement!

Can contain possible spoilers...


The quote. The thing that struck out most is the quote. "The young are often underestimated" is something I can totally relate with. I was always like...

Heck yeah.

Anyway, I've been meaning to do this for awhile but I was so busy. I had French Camp on the weekends and I had a math project due, as well as AMC test (which is very important to get into high school advanced math), play rehearsals, and now that all that is gone, I had just played ping pong, ran a mile literally, played soccer, and swam 1.5 miles. Literally. My eyelids are so droopy and ideas are bursting in my head so fast I can't write it all down at once, which is so frustrating.

Okay, I'm done ranting about my life, so let's get on with this.

This episode was a very interesting one, and pretty awesome. It was a different style from the last.

I loved how they showed something other than the golden trio (even though I want to see them in action again. We didn't get enough of that in this season yet). The younglings are my heroes. They are more relatable than perfect jedis, even though that's what we all are aiming to be. I hope they don't die... but I have a bad feeling about this...


Hondo's back! He's portrayed as a bad guy here, and I can't wait what's in store. I got a bit uncomfortable at the last line... uh oh...

The EU references like the lightsabers were one of my main highlights. I wanted to know all about Jedi Culture and everything as much as possible (that's why I kind of liked the last episode). The wood part was my favorite. I was a bit taken aback when the droid came as much as the younglings, since droids couldn't communicate with the Force, but it all turned out well.

I was wondering where Yoda is the whole time, though. Also, Ahsoka's fall echoed Steela's, and even though it was done very well I still think it's a bit weird. I have to admit that in this episode Ahsoka wasn't my favorite... but forget I said that. More action would have made it better. Other than that, it was awesome.

Overall, the episode was great. I'd give it an 8/10 because I was expecting more action but everything else is fine.

My head is drooping now. So, guest posters, I won't be on often with everything on me right now, so come in and feel the spot whenever you want! Now would be a great time! Thanks to everyone who volunteered!

So... may the Force be with you!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it too. :) The part about buliding the Lightsaber was great, I almost could have watched an entire episode with the Professor about Jedi history. But Gungi is still awesome! I was just about to e-mail you about the guest post, I should have something ready by next week. :D

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. The droid felt like bordering on droid sentience. He seriously reminds me of I-Five (maybe Huyang's sentient like him?) and HK-47 (minus the 'meatbag' evilness). I like him a lot!

    Oh and, I found like... a bunch of EU nods in this episode. About the Wookiee Jedi being rare, about Wookiee Jedi using wooden sabers, smart droids, saber construction using the Force, etc. So happy of 'em!

    One question, though: Kaiburr crystals, or Kyber crystals?
    Which results in this pet peeve: Why can't they just say 'Adegan' crystals?!!! Augh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) I know right? (: thanks for your comment!

      Delete