Thursday, November 29, 2012

Announcements and A Necessary Bond Review

Hey guys! I noticed that I haven't been posting anything much other than reviews, but I'm not sure what to post. From the number of comments it seems as if you guys enjoy other things more. Do any of you have ideas? I'd love some, but of course I'll keep doing reviews. I'm thinking about doing a writing post. I need that to organize all my thoughts together.

Next thing... Christmas is in the air! I always get excited for this even though Thailand doesn't really celebrate Christmas. I put on some snow animations and Christmas lights, as you may notice. Thank you Rebecca for these animations! November and Thanksgiving passed so quickly! I didn't do a post because they don't celebrate it here, but I'm thankful for so many things that you probably already know - I thank George Lucas for creating Star Wars, I thank books for always being there for me, my family, you guys, etc.

December has always been my favorite month, even more than my birthday month in September. This is because there are so many things happening, especially this year. December the 1st is your birthday, Voronda, if I'm not mistaken. December the 5th is the king's birthday here in Thailand, December the 13th is Taylor Swift's birthday. That's a whole lot of birthdays! December the 14th the Hobbit is out! I can't wait! December 15th is the first post on my blog!



Next thing... I'm not sure when it has passed, but this blog is over a year old already! I remembered I started this blog sometime around here... so yeah. Happy Birthday to POTF (: I thought this funny gif would be nice.






Now, A Necessary bond. I thought it was a very good episode and it had a lot of surprising turns.

The action at the beginning was exactly what I wanted. Then there was action throughout the story, which was awesome too. I have nothing much to say here. I want to keep it spoiler-free.

Then there were the characters! As much as I hate to admit it, I am kind of seeing Covert Knight's point about Ahsoka, which is a bit negative. Obi-Wan was as good as awesome, and the ending reminded me of The Three Musketeers. Hondo is hands down my favorite here. His constant mood swings, Jack Sparrow-ish kind of dialogue, and the ending smile. I thought the youngling was going to hug him.

I was so afraid one of them was going to die- I even feared Ahsoka's life- since they played this sad kind of music sometimes. Without realizing it this episode got me to the edge of my seat.

I wanted more character development, and a few lines on Ahsoka and Grevious about their last confrontation so long ago. I would have liked it better if Grevious was *spoiler* outraged at the end because of their escape, rather than laughing that evil laugh. Slave I appeared out of nowhere and I wanted to know how that is. Did I miss anything? *spoiler ends*

When Obi-Wan said 'welcome home' at the end, the weird thing is that I really felt at home. Which means it doesn't really matter to me anymore whether Disney owns Star Wars or not, because George Lucas thought it was best. Star Wars, to me, would always be that place that will keep me sane.

I just had to say that.

Anyway, I can't wait for more of season five! Please comment below, it makes my day! May the Force be with you!

10 comments:

  1. Hee-hee.. sorry if my point was a bit negative. I agree with your review, though. This episode was, to me, the best one in the Young Jedi arc.
    I'm taking a break from TCW for a while, since I'm planning to look back into my shelves. I'll do a Coruscant Nights review shortly, by the way ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your point, so matter how negative it is :P I agree too. A break may be healthy, but my break is getting too long (:

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you posting again, Solace :D Great post :) I agree, I also really like the month of December- cool Christmas blog decorations :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Solace! :D
    Love your blog! It looks great! This was a really good review! I've got to get back to watching this show! This episode sounds cool! :D And Happy Birthday to PotF! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank you for that! :D Thanks a lot! :P Yeah, you should (:

      Delete
  4. Congrats on one year of blogging. :D December is my favorite month of the year too, everything good starts in December. About blog posts you could write: Maybe a list of your favorite Star Wars books, I would really like to see that. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (: I love the idea! Glad you agree! :D

      Delete
  5. Aww Thanks!! *hugs!* Cute Christmas lights! And FYI that guy in the gif is a better dancer than me! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to YOU for the lovely comment! :D Lol I'm not a great dancer either, but I will be if I need to waltz with *cough*him*cough* one day :P

      Delete