Monday, November 5, 2012

Catching Up

This post is long overdue. I mean, way long. I've been so busy I'm typing this in class. Anyway, it's better late than never. Three things I wanna do today.

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHENA!!! YOU ROCK! (sorry it's overdue)


I wish you the best birthday ever and May the Force be with you for this coming year and beyond!

Now, off to the next topic, which is also so incredibly long overdue. The Disney owning Star Wars. I found out on Halloween. October 31st. To me, it's the day James and Lily died (protecting their son, Harry Potter, from Voldemort).

Now, it seems to my heart that it is also the day that Star Wars died.

Now I may be too overdramatic, and after that first thought that was my second thought. Still my heart is heavy. I have to admit that I haven't been involved in Star Wars a lot in a couple of months; actually I am in my normal way but I haven't read the books and I really feel out of place without reading them (as I went to re-read the LOTR series and The Hobbit as well as the whole Harry Potter series and some other books). This makes me feel even worse.

Now, October 31st is also the day that Ron, Harry, and Hermoine became friends.

This could lead on to new friends, new opportunities, and a new part of Star Wars. Star Wars will never die. George Lucas did this so that it could be passed on to the next generation.

As I read on, it made me feel better. George Lucas, after all, created Star Wars, didn't he? Didn't he give us one of the best things in life? Isn't that enough to trust him?

When the prequels were out, didn't we still stick to Star Wars? Actually, I'm a bit of an exception because I came to be a huge fan after the prequels came out. But the point is, we stuck. We stuck together because we are a family. We have promised ourselves to be a true fan, and so we will be. True fans stick with the fandom until the very end, no matter what happens. Star Wars is like our best friend. William Shakespeare himself said that a friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.

Sure, Disney may mess up Star Wars, but "mess up" is like a point of view. This is not the worst thing that can happen. Disney made some really good movies- Avengers, Pirates of the Carribean, and so on.  I guess I'd trust it.

Now, I don't know what to think. But my opinion won't change a lot of things, so I guess I'd stop here and pick up a Star Wars book to be caught back in the magic. 

Thank you all who read this and May the Force be with you! A review of the latest TCW episode coming up.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the birthday shout out!! :D
    I understand being busy- I've been crazy busy as well.

    On the whole Disney buying thing, I'm not sure yet what to think. I did feel better after listening to George Lucas doing an interview. Hopefully the new trilogy is good and doesn't contradict canon. :D I agree, Star Wars fans stick together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for commenting! :) I totally agree. That is my greatest fear. But seeing that the original Star Wars is supposed to have this trilogy, I guess it's okay. :D

      Delete
  2. Like Shena said, I still have no idea what to think. I was really angry when I first heard, and now I am just completely confused. Hopefully this will turn out really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt a bit angry at first too. Yeah, hopefully :D

      Delete
  3. I am one of the few who are excited that Disney bought Star Wars. :) Glad you don't hate that Disney bought Star Wars too. So what do you think of a new Star Wars movie coming? Great post, glad you're back. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually excited even though it will not revolve around the original Star Wars story: The rise and fall of Vader.

      Delete
  4. I'll have to wait to see what plays out. Disney made some awesome movies; Avengers, Indiana Jones. I feel that it will be awesome because it's Star Wars!! They are parts of every fandom that people don't like such as Lux for me. :) haha!!

    ReplyDelete