Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Book Tag

First of all, before I do anything, I would like to thank you all for giving me 70 followers! You guys rock!

Now that that's done, let's get on with the book tag. Thank you Rebecca for tagging me!



What is the working title of your book?

Sapphire's Blood

Where did the idea of the book come from?

Several places. It started with one sentence actually, which I owe to Star Wars, not for the first time. "Every Saga has a beginning" somehow really inspired me. So I wrote the fan fiction with that as a starting sentence, but then I wanted to do much more. I found a quote on Facebook saying "It is darkest just before dawn". Before I knew it, a whole story was forming in my head when I lay in bed.

What genre does your book fall under?

I'm not really sure but I'd guess it will go to Adventure and Young Adult, though it has a bit of Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

What actors would you choose to play in a movie rendition?

This one's easy. ORLANDO BLOOM. At least, as one of them. Shena, you would be nice in there too... I have a character in mind for you... Who else? Jennifer Lawrence is nice as well as Keira Knightley and others, but I don't know for sure. Just as long as Orlando is in there. If I can be in there, I would be too, though I confess I'm not that good at acting as I want to be. I'm good at lying though. *guilty look*

What is one sentence synopsis of your book?

I'm not that good at this, but here goes: Sirita's destiny is certain, but can she follow it when she unknowingly gave someone enough love-and power-to break the core of who she is? 

That doesn't even come close to what it should be, because she doesn't even know if her destiny is right for her. But I guess that will suffice.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I'm leaning towards self-publishing.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

As I said, two words: Star Wars. Other books like Harry Potter and LOTR may bring a part, but mostly Star Wars.

What else in this book might pique the readers interest?

I'm not sure... but I guess there are somethings that may be different from other books. Firstly, the main character the EVIL. She's heartless, she kills without a second thought, and she could make a perfect Sith. Of course she would undergo changes in the story, but still. This tale is about choosing what is right and what is easy, and choosing between duty and love. To make things more complicated, what exactly is duty to her? She always thought she knew, but it's time for her to stop being naïve. I don't wanna give away too much.

The tagging!

Shena... and whoever else want to do it. I'm not sure if there are any other writers that aren't already tagged.

That's it... May the Force be with you!



7 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome post!!! :D :D Thanks for the tag :)
    Wow, I am honored that you'd want me to be in the film version of your book!!! :D I'd love to be in it and to work alongside those actors :D Thank you again, your very sweet :D
    Your book sounds very awesome by the way- the main character seems very interesting and definitely different from the norm(which is so fantastic since it is rarely done). Good luck on your book, I can't wait to read it(your plot line definitely has be interested) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! :D 'Course I want you to be in there! I don't think it's going to be successful enough for a movie, though. I'm still dreaming.
      Good luck on yours too! I really wanna read it as well!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really great book!!! I'd like to read it when it is self published. Just as my sister said, it has an interesting plot. Most books don't start off with the bad guy being the main character. :D

    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (: I didn't know she was your sister :P

      Delete
    2. Lol, yeah! If you see any pictures of her "sister" on her blog, that's me!!

      ~Misty

      Delete
    3. Yeah I saw some pictures (: You guys look awesome together!

      Delete