Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, and Happy 2013!




A year gone, another  year comes. It's the way of things... the way of the Force.

People are now starting to think that I speak like Yoda. Now I see why!

Anyway, this post will be a 2012 quick recap and resolutions for 2013, as well as a short review for two books I can't resist to add. I've never done this before, and I never saw the point. This year, though, I need to organize my thoughts.

The first months I spent forming the first thoughts of my book, and trying and succeeding to get straight A's and top grades for seventh grade. The summer I spend writing my book. When summer ended, till now, I spent my time with eighth grade. I also rediscovered my interest for ping-pong, since it reminded me of good times in the past. Important events include my birthday, winning a ping pong tournament, and being part of the school play. I continued fangirling over my fandoms and acquiring new ones, like the Pirates of the Carribean over the summer.

December is the biggest month. The thing I looked forward to most was the Hobbit. Then there was Swift day, Voronda's birthday and several others, blogoversary, Christmas, and finally, in the last days, I found myself absorbed as a fan in X Factor (Shena, you should totally go there to peruse your singing dreams!) and Ellen. I always liked them, but never as much as now. And on the last day... I finished Percy Jackson in a few hours, refusing to do anything before I finish the book.

Percy Jackson. Perseus Jackson. What a cool name. What a cool book. Before I knew it, my heart seemed like it was melting- and it still is, even now. Rick, the author, impressed me very much. He captured me into the book well, but not as good as Harry Potter. Just as much as good Star Wars books- which is really great. In the end my thoughts were jumbled like it always is after a good book, and though I don't think about it much like I do with usual good books, I caught myself dreaming about it while I was asleep.

There's another book, too. Twilight. I know you guys here have low opinions of sparkling vampires and so on, but to tell you the truth, I did not find it that bad. I admit, I actually liked it. It can never compete with, say, Harry Potter to me, but it draws me in. The romance between the two main characters wasn't perfect (though I loved Alice and Jasper), and the protagonist isn't a strong character while Edward is a Mary Sue, or Gary Stu, but I find myself thinking about it sometimes. There are people who loved the book out there. So, in the end, I'd say that I respect Stephanie Meyer for Twilight, and it taught me one thing. Okay, maybe it's only one unlike my fandoms, but it's still something. It taught me that it's not what you are that matters. It's who you are. That's something I'll treasure.

Oh, excuse me for saying this, but... um... Edward is hot (Well, duh, he's supposed to be, he's a sparkling vampire). So is Perseus. But Legolas will always be the one.

Let's get off this topic, since I have a feeling you guys don't really like it... right? I still like to hear your thoughts about it, though. Recap of 2012... check. Reviews... check. That leaves 2013 resolutions.

Let's see. Um... I'm not good at this... I've never really thought about it... but here goes...

~Be the best in Math, which would be hard considering how much I hate it, even though I'm not that bad.
~Go to Canada, make some new friends there, and learn French. Meet Voronda and blogger friends there too.
~Write, write, WRITE! Then maybe, hand my book to the publishers.
~Look at new fandoms, like Doctor Who. That includes finish watching Avengers.
~Play guitar/piano/any instrument. I wanted to for so long.

That's about it for now. Anyway, I hope you have a great 2013! May the blessings of the Force be ever in your favor... always!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you have a great New Year! May the Force be With you this year.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years, Solace, glad you enjoyed the year! :) That's cool that you like Percy Jackson- it's one of my favorite book series. I hope you enjoy the rest of the books :). I hope you achieve all of your goals and good luck on your books :)
    And thank you for thinking I am good enough to get onto X-Factor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I did finish them, actually. I finished reading them already. They're that good!
      You deserve it!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! And I like your list!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. you love Percy Jackson too?!?!?

    My respect for you just went over the roof.

    You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Ohhhh stop it youuu* Look :P Awwww Thank you!

      Delete