Friday, February 15, 2013

Dear Fandoms...

When I was a two, the Jedi didn't take me in.
When I was eight, I didn't find a wardrobe to Narnia.
When I was eleven, my Hogwarts letter didn't come.
When I was twelve, my satyr didn't show up to take me to Camp Half-Blood.

But it's not over yet.

suggested by
fbvamp

When I'm fourteen, I want to be taken through the flume.
When I'm fifteen, I want to discover the world of Shadowhunters. 
When I'm sixteen, I want to choose my faction.
When I'm eighteen, I'll miss my chance to become a tribute.
Someday, I want to go to the seas with pirates.
And Gandalf, if I miss everything, I'm counting on you to take me on an adventure when I'm 50.

Why can't I be a Dauntless Narnian Elven Demigod Shadowhunter Wizard Tribute Pirate Traveller Jedi?

But maybe I am. I'm not trying to delude myself, but maybe I actually could be. Other people would say, "In your dreams", but they don't know how close they actually are. As Albus Dumbledore said, "In dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own".

In my dreams, I had trained to be a Jedi. I found a way to Narnia. During the school year, I enrolled in Hogwarts, and in the summer I went to Camp Half-Blood. 

I dream that someone will appear and take me to other worlds through a flume. I will see something nobody else would see, but I won't be crazy. I would be seeing a secret world. I dream of putting my blood on the coals at the faction choosing ceremony. I dream of volunteering as tribute in the place of someone I love, and emerging victorious, and starting a spark in a revolution. I dream of seeing the waves rolling as I stand on a pirate ship. Finally, in dreams, I see myself going off with Gandalf to get back treasure and destroy evil.

Other people will never understand. They would say I went bonkers, but they won't ever experience how special it is for us, the fans, to be able to fight together in our fandoms and stick with it always. Because we can be whatever we want to be. Even if it's just a dream, a childhood dream, it's something that will make you smile. In the end, a smile may be all that matters.

Just a thought. I'm sure you all get to feel it. Everyone who wants to be a Dauntless Narnian Elven Demigod Shadowhunter Wizard Tribute Pirate Traveller Jedi, or any other group in each fandoms. While kids at my school dream to be a famous singer, dancer, or actor, a Dauntless Narnian Elven Demigod Shadowhunter Wizard Tribute Pirate Traveller Jedi is what I want to be. Though being a celebrity won't be too bad... at least, in this world, it's something achievable. 


8 comments:

  1. I'm waiting too...waiting fot the Doctor to come for me in his TARDIS... ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :) I can't believe I forgot to include that!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Post! C.L Lewis once said "If I find myself desires which this world can solve the ony logical explanation is that I was made for another world"

    There's a place out there for us Solace! :) Where theres elves and pirates and jedi! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a great quote!
      I know there is, Voronda, I know there is. We'll be there someday.

      Delete