Monday, July 8, 2013

My Anticipated Movies List

It's been awhile since I made a good post, and this has been in my mind for quite some time. I thought I'd share my thoughts with you all on this. I'm going to put them in three categories: what I want to watch (as in, I'd die if I don't watch it), what I'm interested in watching (but if I don't get to watch it, that's okay), and what I already watched this year. In each category I ranked them from my favorite to my least favorite.

Want to Watch

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 
Just seeing the posters made me erupt in fangirly fits. You have no idea how excited I am for the movie. I may not talk much about the Mortal Instruments in this blog, but trust me, the feels I get from this book series is as much as Percy Jackson or any other awesome book series. At the end of Clockwork Princess, you would not believe how hard I cried. Even more than Percabeth being thrown into Tatarus. I didn't know that it is possible to cry both happy and sad tears at the same time- for fictional characters. Now I'm ranting. (Note to self: Do a Mortal Instruments appreciation post and rant there)


Excuse me while I go erupt in fangirly fits even after watching the trailer a hundred times.


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
You may ask, why is this second on my list, and not first? Well, around winter time, I was high on Percy Jackson feels, around spring time, I was high on Hunger Games feels, but that moment is over. Now, I'm high on Mortal Instruments feels. It's like, at this time of my life every day I wake up thinking about the Mortal Instruments. I guess it has something to do with recently finishing Clockwork Princess.

Anyway, this is about Hunger Games. I'm seriously excited for this. Even if my "feel level" isn't as high as it was a month ago, it doesn't mean I don't like Hunger Games anymore (Like, I hardly experience Star Wars feels that intensely, but it's still my #1 fandom). Watch the trailer; it says it all. 

I guess another thing about why it isn't first on my list is that I liked the second book the least in the trilogy. Katniss was breaking down, it took half to book to develop the plot and they were only in the arena for a short time, and there were hardly any shades of grey. The whole book was good and evil. Don't get me wrong- it's still awesome. I'm just stating the worst points of the books.


The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
I was high on The Hobbit back, ah, last year December. But since I can tell most of you here likes the Hobbit, the fangirl fits we share is mutual and I don't need to explain much. Some things though: LEGOLAS IS BACK AND TAURIEL LOOKS AMAZING. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT SINCE ROTK.


Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Percy Jackson is like, up there with the best books in the history of the world, but I can't say the same about the movie. The Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief movie disappointed most fans, and I haven't set very high hopes for this movie, but that doesn't mean I don't fangirl over it.


The changes are noticeable even in the trailer. Why is Tyson there when he's supposed to be making his wedding gown? But well, at least they made Annabeth blonde.


Thor: The Dark World
I. Have. Been. Waiting. For. This. Ever. Since. Thor. Ended. Like. That.
That's all I could say.


Despicable Me 2
Despicable Me is one of the first movies I remember going to the theaters to watch. It was very funny and it had a meaning at the end of it. I can't wait until I get to watch this- even though the film already came out, I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Even only watching the trailer made me burst into laughing fits.



Interested in Watching
Olympus has Fallen
Fast & Furious 6
Man of Steel
Zero Dark Thirty
A Good Day to Die Hard

Already Watched
Iron Man 3: This is by far the best movie I have watched this year. While full of action that may be a bit fake, it's an awesome superhero movie.
Warm Bodies- On fandom pages it had a lot of hype, plus the book was pretty good and meaningful even though it was gory. The movie wasn't really bad.
The Host- You may know that the book is written by Stephanie Meyer, author of Twilight. Honestly, though, I didn't feel anything from watching this movie. Personally I actually even enjoyed Twilight books better than this particular book/movie.
Safe Haven- The only reason I watched it is because I read the book, even though it's romance. Hey, I had nothing else to read at that time. Nicolas Sparks is a good writer, but I'm not into romance novels even if this had a bit of action and suspense.

You see, my list is not exactly THAT big, since I don't usually watch movies. Maybe I'll do another post on what I want to read, but I'm still on reading Star Wars books and books that have already been published for awhile now. The only new books I'm really dying to read is like, Mortal Instruments: City of the the Heavenly Fire, Heroes of Olympus: House of Hades, Fall of Five from I am Number Four series, and Allegiant from Divergent, and so on. I'll save that for later. What are your thoughts and what movies do you want to watch this year? Comment below & MTFBWY!

10 comments:

  1. The Hobbit and Thor: the Dark World are at the top of my list, and Iron Man 3 is my favorite movie this year by far.
    My guild leader is a fan Mortal Instruments too, so I am generally interested in the movie.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that! :D
      Yay! I can't wait until you review it! I'm getting fangirly again!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to a lot of these too! Catching Fire, Thor 2, and Despicable Me 2 all look fantastic. The only movies I've seen this year so far are Silver Linings Playbook and Monsters University, and both were amazing :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of movies!! :D
    I'm really looking forward to The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Thor 2, Catching Fire, Ender's Game, Sea of Monsters, and Star Trek: Into Darkness(which is already out, but I hope to watch soon).
    I agree, Iron Man 3 is the best new movie I've seen this year :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what you think of 'em!
      Ha, Iron Man 3 is totally epic!

      Delete
  4. Thor 2 is probably my next most anticipated film from you list. I already saw Despicable Me 2, it was very cute and funny. :) And, of course, Iron Man 3 was amazing! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I thought so :D Ahhhh I can't wait to see Despicable Me 2!!! And yep, thanks!

      Delete
  5. I just watched Despicable Me 2 two days ago with my cousins. The minions were so adorable (as always)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I'm glad you got to watch it! Awwww yessss, I keep fangirling over them and I don't even know why.

      Delete