Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm Back With Pictures That Will Make You Smile

So I've been MIA lately... Wow. When was the last time I posted? Oh right, Wolverine review. A month or so ago. So much has happened since then. No, I'm not dead. Yes, I'm thinking about blogging everyday. I hope you guys are still there.

Life has been crazy for me lately. I have so much to do, but I don't want to stop posting, so I thought I'd just pop in and say hi for a moment. Talk about fandom news and my personal life.

So, what's new?

I've read so much more books. I've moved to a new country. I started freshman in a new school. Everything is different. The only thing that remains the same is my good old fandoms. Of course, I've gained some new ones too.

I still haven't watched City of Bones and Sea of Monsters, which is totally freaking me out right now. I need to watch it. Almost as much as I need air to breathe. I also really got into the Fault in our Stars. I've read it a long time ago, but you can blame Troye Sivan for making the song based on the book that got me bursting into tears. You've got to listen to it. I don't think I talked about the Maze Runner Trilogy in this blog too. The books are amazing. You can just feel the character's pain at the end of the Trilogy. Their suffering reminded me of the Hunger Games- how they will always carry the weight of sorrow in them for the rest of their lives, but they lived on. This morning, I was also thinking about the Matched Trilogy. And you can't forget Unwind. That trilogy deserves more recognition. Oh, and Legend. Anyway, I'm on my 120th book this year. At the end of the year I'll post the list of books I read.

And did you hear that Harry Potter is going to have a new movie? Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them? THE HARRY POTTER FANDOM IS REBORN!

On the other hand, I feel like crying under my bed, not only because I haven't watched City of Bones, but because City of Ashes is being postponed. Not a good day for the Mortal Instruments fans.

But my other fandoms are not disappointing me. I'm excited for Catching Fire. Shailene Woodley looks great in the new Divergent stills, and I can't wait for Allegiant, the final book in the series. Woodley is also playing the The Fault In Our Stars. Awesome. I can't wait for the Maze Runner movie. And no, I didn't forget Desolation of Smaug. Taylor Swift's new song- Sweet than Fiction- is coming out soon and I can't wait. So that pretty much sums up my fandom life.

I've gained so many new friends when I moved here. Here meaning Pakistan. Did I mention that? Anyway, here they seem to love books more than back in Thailand. I'm delighted. I've got friends to fangirl with. Not a lot of Star Wars fans though. Anyway, everyone here seems to be pretty strong in English, unlike back in my country where English is a second language to everyone, including me. But I'm doing fine in English class, except for that fact that I unfortunately do not have much appreciation of the classical books. I've tried to love them, but honestly, I can't get through The Scarlet Letter without sleeping. Maybe I'll understand someday. I loved Of Mice and Men though. Anyway, the teacher thought I was pretty good in class and gave me an extra book to read at home... which is another classic.

The other subjects, however, came easier for me. I felt like I already learnt all the stuff. I moved up to French 10 because I already learnt the textbook the grade 9 were using. That means I had to mess with my schedule and move my PE class to learn with the juniors, which is totally fine because we're learning Physical Fitness. It's much better than PE. We learn how to keep fit through our adult life, and we can play whatever sports we want unlike how PE just lets us learn the concepts and each team sport. I moved to learn Chem/Physics with grade 10 too. That's fine since in my old school we do Chem/Physics in grade 9, not Earth/Bio. Oh, and I also moved my art class (I'm horrible at art, but at least not everyone here is that great either). And there's Math. I was really bored in math 9 so I took the final exam and went to Math 10. I love the grade 10 teacher. I hate math, but the teacher here's amazing. He gave out sweets and welcomed us during lunch time and after school if we don't understand anything. I came after school on my first day in Math 10 and he dedicated an hour or so to explaining it only for me. That's why I aced my math test. In History class, I already learnt the things the teacher taught us. The teacher's really awesome, though. I just sit through the class learning about things I already know. History's fascinating. Trench warfare in WWI, French Revolution, and all that stuff.

I joined the swim team, like I did in my old school. The difference is that I totally sucked there, and here I swim as fast as the senior boys. Wow. Ping Pong here is the same, though. I played and won and everything. At first the boys were reluctant to play with me- since this is Pakistan, a male dominated country, and boys and girls don't really mix. But after awhile they loosened up and it was fun. It's almost like my old school. I'm joining the yearbook club so I can do photoshop, which I haven't done in awhile due to my mounting piles of homework. I'm also gonna do NaNoWriMo. I haven't had a good writing exercise in awhile. I don't even know what's going to happen the novel I'm writing right now. Oh, and I'll be joining MUN. I don't know about the choir, though. It'll be nice to go into many clubs, since it's good for university and all, but I'm a bit shy about my voice.

Despite everything being so nice here, I still feel like I belong in Thailand. Which is probably understandable, but I haven't told my parents since I chose to come here in the first place. I don't regret my decision, but I still feel loyal to my old school and I don't have any interest in making this school famous through sports or whatever. My old friends from Thailand moved on, but I still keep in touch with some best friends.

There's some violence in this country, but honestly I think it's exaggerated on the news. I've seen a particularly bloody car crash, but you find that in many countries in the world. Africa was worse. On the whole, I'm happy here. I've got a great room (I keep everything very neat) and last Friday night I sat out in the stars eating barbecue and all that. I've got friends. Even if I don't, my books and fandoms are there for me. Sure, I've got so much chores to do. Sure, homework is crazy (I should really be getting into it now). But it's okay. I write stupid song lyrics, chat and smile with my old friend Bill, paint my nails, have a few rounds on my airsoft gun (courtesy of my brother), read, and do whatever it is I usually do.

Anyway, I'm sure you're all bored of me talking about my personal life. Have you smiled today? I've gotta post some random pictures that'll make you smile.





































I'll leave you with my favorite picture right there. I wish it shows Maze Runner. Star Wars and LOTR is a bit before my generation though, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

Anyway, I hoped you smile. Please leave a comment below; it makes my day. May the Force be with you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you sound really busy but also pretty content, and that's a nice place to be in life. I'm almost envious of all your experiences with living in different countries. Your school sounds like it's going great; I'm so glad you have some nice teachers! :) And all those pictures were lots of fun, great variety! I hadn't seen a lot of them before either, so that was nice!

    I hope you can see City of Bones and Sea of Monsters soon! I saw both and enjoyed the heck out of each!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) This comment made my day! :D

      Ahhh I'm jealousssss :P

      Delete
  2. Seems like you've been busy- glad you doing well in your new school(though I'm sorry you miss your old school) and making new friends :) And glad you're getting into new fandoms- I agree, Unwind and the Maze Runner books are quite good :) And YES, can't wait for the new Harry Potter movie! (did you hear they're making a new Narnia film too?).
    I liked a lot of those pictures you posted as well :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Oh my gosh, I just heard about the Narnia film! I can't wait!
      Oh you read those books? Eeep!

      Delete